For more information about Nelson's Plumbing & Heating and the plumbing services we provide in the Philadelphia area, contact us today at (215) 324-1908 for a free, no-obligation quote. We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details.
Or Contact Us!
Furnace Repair in Philadelphia
For a good chunk of the year in Philadelphia, it is either cold or about to get cold. With such consistently cold autumns and winters, it is important to always have a well-serviced and operational furnace. Without that, you just might be left with a broken furnace when you need it most.
When you need a furnace repair company, we hope you call Nelson's Plumbing & Heating. We are Philadelphia’s most-trusted furnace repair team, and for good reason. Between our commitment to customer satisfaction, fast service and competitive rates, we’re in a league of our own. But don’t take our word for it—ask any of your friends and neighbors who they rely on for furnace maintenance services. Chances are, they rely on us. Nelson's Plumbing & Heating’s reputation isn’t one that’s been bought with aggressive advertising and scare-tactics. We’ve always let our work speak for itself.
Are you in need of furnace repair? Has your furnace begun to produce strange, mysterious sounds? Don’t wait a second longer! Call Nelson's Plumbing & Heating now. And don’t forget about our special offers. We offer $75 off on all work over $500 and 10% off all work under $500.With deals like that, why would you put your trust in anyone but us?
Furnace Service in Philadelphia
As a local operated full-service plumbing team serving Philadelphia and the surrounding area, we at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating know how important a fully functioning furnace is for residents in homes of all shapes and sizes in our locality. It is for this reason that if your furnace isn’t operating as well as it has in the past, then you need to give us a call right away. Like we said, it never takes long for it the cold temperatures to creep back into Philadelphia. While winter weather might slow down automobiles, nothing slows down Nelson's Plumbing & Heating. The second we get your call we’ll be on our way!
Our skilled team of plumbers combine their years of skill, experience and industry-specific knowhow with the latest and most advanced repair techniques to guarantee immediate results for you and your family. On top of that, our affordable prices and express response times mean that we are perfectly placed to assist you and your family when you need us the most.
So, why take chances with inferior plumbers when the number one team in Philadelphia is here for you to use. Contact us today, we promise you won’t regret it.
We’ll start working for you right away. That might sound excessive, but we take customer service as seriously as the fine art of furnace maintenance. In order to access these first-rate services though, you still need to call Nelson's Plumbing & Heating! That’s the first step. We’ll handle the rest.
Three Signs Your Furnace May Need Repair Work
Much like many of the best things in life, most homeowners in Philadelphia only give their furnace any real thought when something goes wrong. Unfortunately, by then it is often too late, and you and your family will have woken up to a freezing furnace following a cold winter’s night and a furnace that is beyond the point of repair.
It's no secret that Nelson's Plumbing & Heating is a seasoned furnace repair company. We can identify a damaged furnace in mere moments, and we can diagnose its problems with no more than a quick inspection.
That said, we don’t expect that of every homeowner. Furnace repair and maintenance is a professional’s job. If you’re not able to diagnose your furnace’s issues, you shouldn’t feel embarrassed. There are, however, a few things any homeowner can watch out for. Failing to look out for warning signs could cost you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
To avoid this unwelcome scenario, keep a close eye on the following three signs and if any relate to your own home then contact your skilled plumbers at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating right away:
- Age: It’s not surprising but the older your furnace is, the more susceptible it is to damage and disrepair. On average, a furnace has a lifespan of approximately 20 years. However, if you’ve had your furnace for more than 15 years, then you need to have it maintained to the manufacturers’ specifications regularly to ensure that it continues to function properly. It is also vital to keep an eye and ear out for any strange sounds or smells that may emanate from it.
- Cold Air: Again, an obvious indication that your home’s furnace isn’t functioning fully is if it is emitting cold air. There are generally a few explanations for this but more often than not it has to do with a damaged motor in the blower fan. If the blower fan is malfunctioning, then the furnace will not have sufficient power to blow air throughout your home, leaving all inside a little frosty!
- Strange Noises: It’s not unusual for a furnace to make noise, in fact if it isn’t making any noise then you definitely know that there’s something wrong. However, if you start hearing pops or squeaks then this may indicate that something has come loose, and your unit will need to be repaired.
Commonly Asked Questions About Problems That Need Furnace Repair
Anyone who’s lived through a bitter Philly winter—or ten—knows how essential it is to have a working furnace in their home. But most homeowners aren’t engineers, and so most of us don’t know how to recognize when something has gone wrong with the oil or gas furnace that keeps our homes comfortable and cozy for six months of the year.
The furnace in your Philadelphia home does more than just keep you from freezing in the winter. If your furnace breaks, you’ll pay more for heating, your home could become a breeding ground for molds and viruses, and you might even be at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. It’s scary stuff. That’s why it’s important to have the phone number of a reputable furnace repair company on hand when things go wrong.
Recognize any of the scenarios we’ve got listed below? Then call Nelson's Plumbing & Heating for inspection and repair immediately! And don’t forget about Nelson's Plumbing & Heating’s commitment to on-call emergency service. Our around-the-clock service ensures that your problems will be fixed quickly—regardless of what time you call.
My Furnace Won’t Stay On
It may seem like a simple piece of technology, but your furnace is a pretty sophisticated operation that has a ton of hidden safety features built-in. However, if one of those features is malfunctioning, your furnace won’t stay lit. Thankfully, the team at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating is more than familiar with the many nuts and bolts of a furnace.
If your furnace doesn't stay on, three main issues might cause this problem:
- Dirty Flame Sensor A buildup of dirt and grease can cause your heater to think the furnace is lit when it isn’t. Any furnace can benefit from furnace cleaning, but an expert furnace repair technician can assess where the problem is coming from. If the problem is chronic or your furnace is more than ten years old, you may consider replacing it with a new one.
- Malfunctioning Air Duct Years without duct cleaning causes poor airflow. Poor airflow means your furnace will get ‘hot pockets’—points where the heat is unevenly distributed. Your furnace then shuts down to prevent unsafe temperatures. The problem is that you need it running to keep your home at a safe temperature!
- Broken Pressure Switch Your furnace monitors the internal pressure constantly because too much pressure can cause your furnace to explode! This rarely happens, but if your furnace frequently shuts off for no reason and you’ve had it cleaned, it’s time to call a repair technician.
- Circuit Board Issues Problems with the furnace’s circuit board become apparent after every other possibility has been examined. The only way to fix this is to call in a trained furnace expert for furnace repair; the technician will install a new circuit board or repair your existing one.
Will My Furnace Work With a Cracked Heat Exchanger?
Many homeowners living in Philadelphia wonder if they need to replace their furnaces if the heat exchanger is cracked. Because the furnace heat exchanger plays a crucial role in your furnace’s function, it’s important to repair it when it breaks. You don’t necessarily need to buy a new furnace, but many homeowners do when put in that position. Yes, it’s expensive to replace, but I’d much rather pay a few hundred dollars for the privilege of not breathing in toxic amounts of carbon monoxide gas. Wouldn’t you?
Call Nelson’s Plumbing & Heating Today
If you are based in the Philadelphia area and want a furnace repair service that will stop at nothing in the pursuit of excellence for your home, then you need to call the specialists at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating today. We’ll make sure your furnace is fully operational in no time. Not only that, we’ll even provide you with one of our handsome discounts. But first, you need to call us.