For more information about Nelson's Plumbing & Heating and the plumbing services we provide in the Philadelphia area, contact us today at (215) 324-1908 for a free, no-obligation quote. We are happy to answer your questions and provide more details.
Or Contact Us!
Water Heaters in Philadelphia
When you find yourself in need of repairs, maintenance, or replacement of your home or business’s water heater, look no further than the professionals at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating. As a leading team of plumbing and HVAC specialists, we provide a full range of outstanding services to keep your space efficient and inviting!
Our water heater services will provide you with years of dependable performance and ready access to hot water. You’ll appreciate our great rates, prompt availabilities, and dedication to exceptional customer service!
To request a free estimate for our services, contact us today.
Prompt, Dependable Water Heater Installation and Repairs
Your home or business depends on a plentiful, constant supply of hot water at all times and for a wide variety of tasks. Bathing, washing, cooking, cleaning, and laundry are just some examples of the many benefits provided by water heaters. To keep your water heater functioning at peak performance and efficiency, the specialists at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating are ready to serve you.
Our team is expertly familiar with a broad range of various water heaters, including tankless water heaters, conventional heaters, hybrid heat pumps, and even solar water heater options. Based on the type and size of space, we can recommend the best water heater for your needs.
From minor repairs and maintenance to full replacement and installation of your water heaters, our team does it all. In an emergency, we also offer 24/7 availability, serving you when you need it most.
To schedule an appointment with one of our HVAC specialists, contact us today!
Effective Water Heaters for Your Home or Business
We offer an unmatched range of water heaters suited to all spaces and consumption needs. Our team proudly works alongside manufacturers and suppliers of water heaters, and we offer unbeatable cost savings on all of our products. We also have an extensive inventory of components and can replace, or repair as needed.
We offer the highest quality workmanship, facilitated by our industrial-quality equipment and products for dependable service. We make every effort to work safely and consistently on each worksite and minimize any disruptions to your water use.
With our team serving you, you can be certain of obtaining the longest possible lifespan out of your residential or commercial water heater!
Reach out to us today to learn more about our services.
HVAC and Plumbing Professionals with Years of Dependable Experience
Our team has been serving home and business owners in the Philadelphia area for a number of years. Our prompt availabilities, wide range of specialties, and great rates have earned us a significant reputation for our services.
We are fully licensed and insured for our broad range of specialties and are familiar with all water heaters. We can help your home or business gain new levels of energy saving and water conservation, along with consistently reliable performance for all your water consumption needs!
You will appreciate our prompt and helpful approach to customer service, as well.
Keep a Steady, Reliable Water Supply with Water Heater Services
When you find yourself in need of water heater installation, maintenance or repairs, consult the experts at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating. We have the services you need!
Call today to receive your free quote.
Water Heaters in Philadelphia
Priding itself on offering a high-quality water heater replacement and repair service for homes and businesses in the greater Philadelphia area, there is no job too big or task too small for the skilled team at Nelson's Plumbing & Heating. When you contact us, you can expect an unparalleled service from skilled, licensed and bonded plumbers. What’s more, our 24-hour emergency heater service can make sure that the hot water that your family or employees need is returned to full working order in no time at all. So, what are you waiting for? Call Nelson's Plumbing & Heating today and allow us to help fix or replace your water heater needs in no time at all. Trust us, you’ll be glad you called Philadelphia’s premium water heater service.
Ten Signs That You May Need a New Water Heater
The fact of the matter is that a water heater is a crucial part of any home and is responsible for ensuring that you can take a hot shower, that your dishwasher runs properly and that your washing machine removes stubborn stains easily.
Given that it is responsible for so many different parts of your domestic or commercial life, it stands to reason that your water heater works correctly. However, like anything in life, there comes a time in your water heater’s life where you will need to consider replacing it. Three signs which indicate that your water heater may need to be replaced include:
- Age: Whether we care to admit it or not, the reality is that time waits for no one, and the same is true for your home’s water heater. In general, the average lifespan of a water heater is approximately ten years. So, if you have detected that your water heater isn’t operating optimally and it is around ten years old then it may be time to replace it. The older your water heater gets, the less efficient it will become and the more likely it will be to fail. If you are unsure of your heater’s age or suspect that it is not functioning at its best, one of our technicians would be glad to assess.
- Increased Energy Bills: Some people think that keeping their water heaters for fifteen or twenty years is a good cost-saving idea. However, the reality is that while it may seem like a sound plan in the short-term, in the long-term it could end up costing your home or business hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in extra energy costs. Our modern water heaters offer greater efficiency than ever before. You will save significantly on your energy bills and also benefit from an increased resale value to your home.
- Reduced Hot Water: Another obvious sign that your water heater isn’t working correctly is that you are receiving less hot water for showers, doing the dishes or even laundry. One of the most common reasons for an inefficient water heater is sediment buildup, especially as the heater gets older. Hot water is a crucial component of any household, particularly if you have more than one person under your roof and consumption is high. While it is important to try to limit hot water use, there is no worse feeling than running out of hot water in the midst of showering or washing dishes.
- Leaks: You don’t need to be a plumbing expert to know that leaks are never a good a thing for the health and wellbeing of your pipes. So, if you have begun to notice water puddling around your water heater or leaks when it is standing, it’s a sign that the inner tank has reached the end of its life. What many homeowners in Philadelphia fail to realize is that slow drips and leaks can quickly escalate, causing serious flooding if the entire tank breaks. Preventative maintenance to your water heater can save you a lot of time, money, and headaches in the future.
- Repeated Repairs: If your water heater keeps breaking repeatedly, then it is a clear sign that something isn’t right. When an issue like this arises then it is a sign that more problems are sure to manifest in the future. When this happens, often the best thing to do is to replace it before more serious damage can end up impacting your life negatively. All water tanks have lifespans, and even the best workmanship can be futile if the machine is winding down towards the end of its life.
- Noises Detected: If you have started to detect noises from your heater more frequently recently, then you need to pay close attention to this problem. Sounds like loud cracks and pops, for instance, may be a sign that the interaction between the heating elements and the inside heater has mineral buildup that needs to be addressed. When you notice strange noises coming from your water heater, it is a good idea to contact one of our expert technicians. We will diagnose the situation and advise the best course of action.
- Frequency of Use: The fact of the matter is that the more people who live in your home and use your water heater, the shorter its lifespan will end up being. It should be obvious that a house or an apartment that contains only one person and travels regularly for work will have a water heater that will last longer. If you have recently purchased your house, it may be uncertain how much use your water heater has seen. If the previous owners were a larger family, it is likely the hot water consumption was high. You can also get a sense of the hot water use by the number of sinks, tubs, showers, and other hot water sources in your home.
- Metallic Smell and Strange Taste: If you turn on the taps in your Philadelphia home and it has a metallic smell and strange taste to it, then this is a sign that the water heater is breaking down, a problem that often contains grit and flakes from the inner tank combining with your water supply. Contact us immediately to resolve this situation.
- Muddy or Sandy Water: Muddy or sandy water can be a sign of sediment built up in your tank. In some cases, you may be able to drain the contents to remove sediment and bring your water heater back to the normal. However, if this is the case then you may need to enlist the services of a professional and certified plumber that you can fully rely on. With that in mind, Nelson's Plumbing & Heating should be the first number you call.
- Delayed Replacement: If you have no idea the last time your water heater was replaced, then you need to get in touch with us at Nelson’s Plumbing & Heating today. In general, most water heaters last between 10 and 15 years, so if yours is older or you aren’t sure when it was last replaced, it may be nearing the end of its life.
Types of Water Heaters
Nelson’s Plumbing and Heating offers a variety of different water heaters. Prior to installation, our technicians will help you decide the best water heater option for you based on your home and budget.
We proudly install conventional water heaters, hybrid heat pumps, solar heaters, and tankless heaters.
Conventional Water Heaters
Conventional water heaters may be powered by gas or electricity. They store and preheat 30 or more gallons of water, ready to use at all times. For this reason, they are highly convenient. Generally, conventional water heaters are most cost-effective to install. However, even when lightly used and well-maintained, they only last so long. The reservoir also takes time to fill up, which can temporarily reduce hot water supply, and the heaters tend to be relatively large.
Hybrid Heat Pumps
Hybrid heat pumps combine the technologies of an electric heat pump and a gas furnace. The switching between fuel sources make them highly energy efficient. It can be installed as a stand-alone water heating system or a combination water heating/space condition system. They essentially use the reverse principle of a refrigerator. Whereas a refrigerator pulls heat from a box and disperses it into the room, a hybrid heat pump pulls heat from the air and moves it into a tank to heat water. It is an innovation that saves space, energy, and costs.
As the name suggests, solar heaters use sun energy to heat the water tank, which can supply nearly half of the energy needed to heat a household’s water reserves. While generally more expensive to install, the energy cost savings over time are significant.
Considering a Tankless Water Heater? Why You Should Make the Switch Today
Many Philly residents have already made the switch to an affordable and economical tankless water heater systems. But even more have no idea that this fantastic tech is available to Philadelphia homeowners and at lower prices than ever before.
Tankless water heater models use to be prohibitively expensive for all but the wealthiest homeowners. Now, they’re more efficient and inexpensive than ever before. Which means enjoying instant hot water at the touch of a button is available to everyone without the need to take out a second mortgage on the house!
How Do Tankless Water Heaters Work?
Tankless water heaters employ heating technology that uses the same methods that a water heater with a tank does—usually electricity, but occasionally propane or natural gas. The difference is that those heating elements are close to the ‘end destination’ of the hot water. Rather than heat up a large volume of water in a large tank in the basement of your building—a wasteful and inefficient process—the heating element is right next to your sink or shower. The water comes out piping hot every time, but only when you need it! Talk about efficient!
How Can a Tankless Water Heater Save Me Money?
It’s easy to see how this application can lead to lower electricity bills for your Philadelphia home or business. By only paying to heat up the hot water when you need it most, rather than leaching heat from the large tank constantly, you get the same scalding shower Monday morning, but with a more efficient method.
Your hot water quality stays the same or even improves. If you’re sick of dealing with a fight for the hot water in a bathroom, a tankless model ensures the water stays warm no matter how many people need to use it.
What Other Benefits Does a Tankless Hot Water Heater Bring?
Like any significant quality-of-life upgrade, switching from a tanked water heater to a tankless hot water heater will bring many subtle benefits to your overall life. These may not be apparent at first, but over time, you’ll notice the following benefits:
If the water heater in your home is old enough to drink (and we’re willing to bet most of them in the Philadelphia area are) you’re looking at paying out of pocket if anything happens to your water heater. If you’ve noticed any of the worrying signs above, maybe it’s time to invest a little and guarantee yourself 10 to 15 years of a renewed warranty on a new tankless water heater!
Lowered Repair Costs
Because tankless models are more straightforward in design, you can fix only one of the units without needing to shut down the entire water supply. This means time spent on labor and materials when your water heater needs repair!
Harmony With Other Household Members
There’s no better way to start a Monday before work than with everyone in the house having a hot shower on their own schedule, without arguing or setting alarm clocks obscenely early to beat the race to the bathroom.
Contact the Water Heater Specialists Today
At Nelson's Plumbing & Heating, we take what we do very seriously. It is for this reason that we will always do our utmost to offer an efficient and effective service to all our residential and commercial clients in the Philadelphia area.Nelson's Plumbing & Heating is pleased to offer new tankless water heater installation and repair for when you need it. Call us today for a free estimate with no obligation!